At Instrumental Identity we aspire to be a responsible and sustainable business, committed to minimizing our environmental impact, fostering social responsibility, and contributing positively to our community. Through continuous improvement and innovation, we aim to create a lasting legacy for future generations.
Goals and Objectives
Implement energy-efficient practices to reduce overall energy consumption by implementing the following:
Use “smart” power strips for all workstations such that when the computer is powered down all peripherals are also shut off.
- Use only EnergyStar certified monitors for workstations.
- Monitor workstation electricity usage using and record utilization and ensure it falls within acceptable parameters.
Decrease overall waste generation by purchasing products that can be recycled i.e. printer cartridges, batteries, etc. Explore alternatives for single-use plastics and non-recyclable materials. Company standards to follow:
- Use printers that don’t have printer cartridges (eco-friendly tank printers).
- Leverage reusable water bottles for hydration.
- Source at least 75% of office supplies from sustainable and eco-friendly vendors.
- Prioritize suppliers with strong environmental and social responsibility practices.
Carbon Footprint Reduction:
When traveling for work-related activities utilize the following when possible:
- Elect to use rideshare programs that provide Electric/Hybrid options or support sustainable efforts.
- Carpool when possible, when traveling with peers.
- Establish sustainability awareness programs and engage employees in eco-friendly practices.
- Support employee volunteering and community involvement initiatives.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Foster an inclusive workplace culture that celebrates diversity.
- Implement measures to ensure equal opportunities for all employees.
Telecommuting and Flexible Work:
- Encourage telecommuting and flexible work arrangements to reduce commuting-related emissions.
- Invest in virtual collaboration tools to support remote work.
- Strive to become a paperless office through digital documentation and communication.
- Implement electronic invoicing and document management systems.
Green IT Infrastructure:
Leveraging a combination of Cloud and Edge Computing based infrastructure architecture to eliminate the need for a dedicated, always-on data center.
Regular Audits and Reporting:
Conduct regular sustainability audits to assess progress against goals.
- Establish a feedback mechanism for employees to contribute ideas and suggestions for sustainability improvements.
- Recognize and reward employees for innovative sustainability initiatives.
1. Conduct Baseline Assessment:
Evaluate current practices and environmental impact to establish a baseline for improvement.
2. Develop Action Plans:
Create detailed action plans for each goal and objective, outlining specific tasks, responsibilities, and timelines.
3. Employee Training:
Provide training sessions to employees on sustainability practices and their role in achieving program objectives.
4. Implement Technologies:
Invest in technologies that support sustainability, such as energy-efficient equipment, waste management systems, and collaboration tools.
5. Monitor and Evaluate:
Regularly monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented measures.
6. Communication and Transparency:
Communicate progress, achievements, and challenges transparently with employees, customers, and other stakeholders.